Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Giving Thanks & 18 Months

This Thanksgiving holiday was great!  We had Douglas' family over at our house for "dinner" and then went to my parents for dessert in the evening.  There was a lot of great food and fun.  Then on Saturday we had Thanksgiving with Douglas' dad, aunt and uncle and their family.  More good food and fun.  It was so nice to see everyone over the holiday weekend, and I'm extra grateful that Douglas got to have the whole week off!  We even got the bonus of him not having to go to school the Tuesday before because of weather.
Pumpkin hide and seek
Xander turned 18 months over the holiday weekend.  He is doing well.  He's 30 1/2 inches tall and 21 lbs 14 oz.  He says many things, and even learned a new word and the Doctor's visit- Frog.  He's definitely more shy than Japheth was, but it's just so cute you love it.  He wanted to "knock knock" on the door at the Dr.'s office, but wouldn't do it without me holding his hand.
The boys get along pretty well, though Japheth thinks that sharing means he gets whatever toy whenever he wants. Sometimes he has a hard time with why Xander gets to play with a toy when he wants it, because Xander should be sharing! It helps, sometimes, when I say it's Xander's turn. But their both so good and cute, I really couldn't ask for more. Except to remember better how little they are and understand, sometimes it's easy to forget and get frustrated. I'm so lucky to have such a cute and wonderful family! I am truly grateful for all three of my boys!
Oh yeah, Xander managed this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I asolutely LOVE all the pictures. They're great!!! This is a really fun blog; I enjoyed cruisin thru all comments.
Thanks so much for all the updates even though I don't comment on all of them.
(The Halloween costumes came out fabulous)
Love ya
Mom