Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hat Success!

Back in college I somewhat tried crocheting.  I tried to make my sister a fun scarf, thinking it would be easy.  Much to my dismay I failed said attempt and thought that it just wasn't my thing.  Then a few weeks ago we were hanging with some friends; while the men got to playing Halo, my friend Liz was brave enough to get me to have another go.  Come to find out that my biggest problem with the scarf was the yarn I chose, while fuzzy, soft and fun, not the easiest one to see your stitches.  So we planned another hang out with the plan to have lesson 2 while the hubands played Halo again.  Luckily most of what I learned in college had come back to me in lesson 1 and so for lesson 2 I decided to make something.  And... after attempt 1 at a hat that felt too loose for what I was going for, I had success at making something cute!  And with a little ribbon hat 1 will be a present for my niece.  So that makes 2 successful hats that are cute!  And all with only buying one thing of yarn.  Thanks Liz!

No comments: