Monday, April 25, 2011

New High Score!

This morning Douglas and I played Ticket to Ride Europe before he got to studying for his O-Chem final.  We decided to play an expansion version of the game called Big Cities.  Now it looks like Green (or me) lost to Red (Douglas), but not so people, not so!  Douglas got a respectable score of 122.  He had 2 really long trains in his run- 1 set was 21 points, and the other 15 points, and that didn't include his destination ticket points or the rest of his train (plus he usually gets the 10 extra points for longest train, which he did this game); so, looking at what he might be getting point-wise, I decided to keep picking up destination tickets to try and compansate for a big score on his end.  At the end of the game I ended up with 16 destination tickets, and the points from that alone got me 146 points!  I had 7 trains left when Douglas ran out of his trains, and my grand-total?  Dat-dat-da-dah. . . 212!!!!!!!!

No comments: